Code of Ethics
- The CBCA recognizes that members are obligated to conduct business in accordance with local, state/provincial and federal laws. Members will also support and be governed by the bylaws of the CBCA, and by such rules, policies and regulations as may be in force from time to time.
- A CBCA member shall be responsible, to the best of their knowledge, for the accurate description of all comic book and comic-related material offered for sale. All conservation, restoration, enhancements and significant defects should be clearly noted and made known to those to whom the material is offered or sold.
- Terms and conditions of sale, including refund policy, should be clearly and explicitly stated in all sales venues or defined between seller and buyer at the time of sale. However, these terms are not immutable and may be renegotiated by mutual consent. It should be made clear at the time of offer whether or not material is offered subject to prior sale. Sellers must also have a clearly stated return policy in the case buyer finds that any restoration, conservation and/or enhancements have been done to the comic book or comic-related item. Members who provide comic book related services (conservation, restoration, appraisal, etc…), must clearly advertise their Terms of Service to prospective customers.
- The CBCA recommends that members who provide conservation, restoration and enhancement services follow the code of ethics of the American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works (http://www.conservation-us.org/). The CBCA requires that members strive to attain the highest possible standards in all aspects of conservation, restoration and enhancement. Members shall practice within the limits of personal competence and education as well as within the limits of the available facilities. While circumstances may limit the resources allocated to a particular situation, the quality of work that the member performs shall not be compromised. Members shall also document examination and treatment by creating permanent records which shall be made available upon request to the customer and future owners of the item. Please contact the CBCA for sample record keeping forms.
- A CBCA member will fulfill all contracts (either oral or written), make prompt payments and deliveries of items bought and sold and take immediate steps to correct any errors made in any transaction.
- A CBCA member should neither approach nor solicit customers in any other comic sellers shop, convention booth, or place of business, physical or electronic, without the introduction or consent of the seller.
- CBCA members will conform to the accepted standards of dignified advertising.
- A CBCA member will neither buy nor sell comic book or comic-related items of which the ownership is questionable. A CBCA member shall cooperate with law enforcement authorities and the CBCA Board of Directors in the effort to recover and return stolen materials, and apprehend and prosecute those responsible for the theft, including, but not limited to, providing the names of the persons involved.
- A CBCA member shall not knowingly violate copyright laws by selling or profiting from unlawfully produced copies of works currently protected by copyright, without the written, oral, or implied consent of the copyright owner.