I wasn't sure where this post fit, so I'm just putting it here. I have a few questions about comics that I haven't learned from reading or I'd just like opinions about.
1. What's the deal with Red Skull? This might mean spoilers, but I'm sort of confused. The first Captain America books I read, Schmidt (sp?) was just wearing a mask. Every other place it's his actual face. What did I miss? (Fewest spoilers possible, please.) Also, he's somehow a clone of Steve? Yes, when the Red Skull started out, he did indeed wear a mask. He later suffered an accident that permanently disfigured his face into a red skull-like appearance. At one point, when he was in failing health, he had his consciousness transferred into a cloned body of Captain America by Arnim Zola.
2. The X-Men: are they interesting enough to look into? I'm not so much into the teams like them and the FF, but it's only aesthetic disinterest.That is a good, but hard to answer question. The short answer is yes. Start with the storylines mentioned above, as well as Mutant Massacre, Age of Apocalypse, Fall of the Mutants, House of M, Messiah Complex, or Schism for some others. The last two are more recent.
3. Does Bruce Banner become the Hulk in (almost) every issue?Short answer, usually but it really depends on the story.
4. Where can I read stories about Giant man, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver? I can't really see any series where it's just them. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, though.This was pretty much answered earlier.
5. Where do I start with Image Comics?The trashcan! Just kidding! That is much harder because Image has become much more than what they started out as. Pretty much any type of story you'd want can be found in an Image comic. The popular ones off the top of my head right now are Walking Dead and Invincible. I know there are PLENTY of other good ones out there. I guess you would just start with whatever genre you want to read and go from there. I never read it but the miniseries Artifacts crossed over between some of the titles (Witchblade and Darkness for sure). That might be a good place to start.
6. Are there any solo comics with the Martian Manhunter (Of the Justice League)? Pretty much answered already as well
7. What DC stories do you recommend? Good choices so far! I'd also recommend Identity Crisis, 52, and Blackest Night as more recent storylines.