New Detroit Trolley October 2008

includes Atom Age (1946-1955): ECs, Atlas, Pre-Code horror and more!

Moderator: Moderator Team

User avatar
ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie
Posts: 5082
Joined: Apr 25, 2007 7:21 AM
Location: New York
Contact:

New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 23, 2008 12:38 AM

New Detroit Trolley just placed online!!!!! Inquires can be made via PM on this forum, or Contact me by e-mail or phone through CollectorsAssemble.com. All bids must be placed from the Detroit Trolley Collection AUCTION SALE or AUCTION SALE NEW ARRIVALS.

Image Image Image
Last edited by ComicCollectors on Dec 26, 2008 4:52 PM, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
showcase-4
Century Club
Posts: 102
Joined: Oct 16, 2008 3:41 PM
Location: Finksburg, MD
Contact:

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby showcase-4 » Oct 23, 2008 3:03 PM

Marnin Rosenberg wrote:New Detroit Trolley just placed online!!!!! Inquires can be made via PM on this forum, or Contact me by e-mail or phone through CollectorsAssemble.com. All bids must be placed from the Detroit Trolley Collection AUCTION SALE or AUCTION SALE NEW ARRIVALS.

Image Image Image


Hey Marnin......is that a new stack of Detroit Trolleys in your pants, or are you happy to see us? :yowza:
I looked thru you latest offering....nice eclectic assortment of GA books you got there :score:

User avatar
ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie
Posts: 5082
Joined: Apr 25, 2007 7:21 AM
Location: New York
Contact:

New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 23, 2008 3:35 PM

:lol:

:welcomesign: Steve.

User avatar
Steve Carey
Century Club
Posts: 354
Joined: Apr 25, 2007 7:21 AM
Location: Kamikazeville

New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby Steve Carey » Oct 28, 2008 3:31 AM

Rec'd the Target 12 today, and I was very pleased with the book.

Some misc. defects brought down the technical grade, but it presented better than its VG designation.

Great job Marnin, thnx!! :score:

User avatar
ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie
Posts: 5082
Joined: Apr 25, 2007 7:21 AM
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 28, 2008 3:38 AM

Steve Carey wrote:Rec'd the Target 12 today, and I was very pleased with the book.

Some misc. defects brought down the technical grade, but it presented better than its VG designation.

Great job Marnin, thnx!! :score:


:welcomesign: Steve. Enjoy the :greatbook:

User avatar
showcase-4
Century Club
Posts: 102
Joined: Oct 16, 2008 3:41 PM
Location: Finksburg, MD
Contact:

New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby showcase-4 » Oct 28, 2008 8:29 PM

Marnin my man ( say that 10 times fast! ), I've said it before, and I'll say it again ---- you sure are a "Master Grader". Seem to hit the nail on the head just about every time.......not trying to "make a sale" ... trying to "tell the truth" .... a rare commodity in any collectibles field, but especially with comics -- much more complicated to grade than coins, stamps or baseball cards, leaving room for a dealer to "fudge" the grade a bit to his advantage ( more going on with comics -- more parts :zaid: ... like the innards. :dd: )

So .... the point of my post is, Bravo for calling a VG\F a VG\F!
:cheers:

Steve

User avatar
Patrick Beam
Forum Junkie
Posts: 1562
Joined: Jul 15, 2008 12:40 AM

New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby Patrick Beam » Oct 28, 2008 9:11 PM

That All-star is so out of my league.....

User avatar
Mike Greenwood
Director
Posts: 3517
Joined: Oct 03, 2008 8:49 PM
Location: Near Albany, NY.

New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby Mike Greenwood » Oct 28, 2008 10:29 PM

I couldn't resist purchasing one of these Trolley books. I'll post it when it arrives. (With a pic so it should look even better than Marnin's scans). :yes: Sorry Marnin but I was just getting even for that post in another thread. ;)

User avatar
snitzer
Quingenti Maximus
Posts: 785
Joined: Sep 10, 2007 12:58 AM
Location: Wyoming

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby snitzer » Oct 29, 2008 12:41 AM

comicdonna wrote:I couldn't resist purchasing one of these Trolley books. I'll post it when it arrives. (With a pic so it should look even better than Marnin's scans). :yes: Sorry Marnin but I was just getting even for that post in another thread. ;)


Which book did you snag? I HAD to grab the Silver Streak #7. Sold three books to cover the cost, but it will be well worth it as it's been a secondary grail of mine :spaz:
"Wyoming isn't a country, it's a state!" "State of mind." Johnny Slash - Square Pegs, season 1

User avatar
Mike Greenwood
Director
Posts: 3517
Joined: Oct 03, 2008 8:49 PM
Location: Near Albany, NY.

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby Mike Greenwood » Oct 29, 2008 12:48 AM

snitzer wrote:
comicdonna wrote:I couldn't resist purchasing one of these Trolley books. I'll post it when it arrives. (With a pic so it should look even better than Marnin's scans). :yes: Sorry Marnin but I was just getting even for that post in another thread. ;)


Which book did you snag? I HAD to grab the Silver Streak #7. Sold three books to cover the cost, but it will be well worth it as it's been a secondary grail of mine :spaz:
Congratulations! For me, Action #28 5.5 (raw) with white pages.

User avatar
ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie
Posts: 5082
Joined: Apr 25, 2007 7:21 AM
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 29, 2008 1:19 AM

showcase-4 wrote:Marnin my man ( say that 10 times fast! ), I've said it before, and I'll say it again ---- you sure are a "Master Grader". Seem to hit the nail on the head just about every time.......not trying to "make a sale" ... trying to "tell the truth" .... a rare commodity in any collectibles field, but especially with comics -- much more complicated to grade than coins, stamps or baseball cards, leaving room for a dealer to "fudge" the grade a bit to his advantage ( more going on with comics -- more parts :zaid: ... like the innards. :dd: )

So .... the point of my post is, Bravo for calling a VG\F a VG\F!
:cheers:

Steve


I generally despise using this icon because there's 1 particular bozo that uses it on the CGC Forum anytime anyone posts a comic book scan and it makes me wanna :puke:, but Steve ...

:hail:

User avatar
ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie
Posts: 5082
Joined: Apr 25, 2007 7:21 AM
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 29, 2008 1:24 AM

comicdonna wrote:I couldn't resist purchasing one of these Trolley books. I'll post it when it arrives. (With a pic so it should look even better than Marnin's scans). :yes: Sorry Marnin but I was just getting even for that post in another thread. ;)


:funnypost: No problem Mike, only makes my grading look even tighter. :sinister:

User avatar
snitzer
Quingenti Maximus
Posts: 785
Joined: Sep 10, 2007 12:58 AM
Location: Wyoming

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby snitzer » Oct 29, 2008 3:08 AM

comicdonna wrote:
snitzer wrote:
comicdonna wrote:I couldn't resist purchasing one of these Trolley books. I'll post it when it arrives. (With a pic so it should look even better than Marnin's scans). :yes: Sorry Marnin but I was just getting even for that post in another thread. ;)


Which book did you snag? I HAD to grab the Silver Streak #7. Sold three books to cover the cost, but it will be well worth it as it's been a secondary grail of mine :spaz:
Congratulations! For me, Action #28 5.5 (raw) with white pages.


kudos!
"Wyoming isn't a country, it's a state!" "State of mind." Johnny Slash - Square Pegs, season 1

User avatar
ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie
Posts: 5082
Joined: Apr 25, 2007 7:21 AM
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 29, 2008 4:43 AM

snitzer wrote:I HAD to grab the Silver Streak #7. Sold three books to cover the cost, but it will be well worth it as it's been a secondary grail of mine :spaz:


Wow you sold 3 books? Now what happens if you don't like it? Remember I don't use CGC grading standards. :tongue:

User avatar
snitzer
Quingenti Maximus
Posts: 785
Joined: Sep 10, 2007 12:58 AM
Location: Wyoming

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby snitzer » Oct 29, 2008 2:00 PM

Marnin Rosenberg wrote:
snitzer wrote:I HAD to grab the Silver Streak #7. Sold three books to cover the cost, but it will be well worth it as it's been a secondary grail of mine :spaz:


Wow you sold 3 books? Now what happens if you don't like it? Remember I don't use CGC grading standards. :tongue:


two were PGX :dunno:
"Wyoming isn't a country, it's a state!" "State of mind." Johnny Slash - Square Pegs, season 1

User avatar
ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie
Posts: 5082
Joined: Apr 25, 2007 7:21 AM
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 29, 2008 10:16 PM

snitzer wrote:two were PGX :dunno:


Ok, I feel better now. :righton:

User avatar
snitzer
Quingenti Maximus
Posts: 785
Joined: Sep 10, 2007 12:58 AM
Location: Wyoming

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby snitzer » Oct 29, 2008 10:28 PM

Marnin Rosenberg wrote:
snitzer wrote:two were PGX :dunno:


Ok, I feel better now. :righton:


:cheers:
"Wyoming isn't a country, it's a state!" "State of mind." Johnny Slash - Square Pegs, season 1

User avatar
ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie
Posts: 5082
Joined: Apr 25, 2007 7:21 AM
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 29, 2008 10:31 PM

snitzer wrote: :cheers:


Have they been cracked pressed and reholdered yet? :baiting:

User avatar
snitzer
Quingenti Maximus
Posts: 785
Joined: Sep 10, 2007 12:58 AM
Location: Wyoming

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby snitzer » Oct 29, 2008 10:34 PM

Marnin Rosenberg wrote:
snitzer wrote: :cheers:


Have they been cracked pressed and reholdered yet? :baiting:


a 3 second response time!? Damn Marnin! you are getting crazy quick or maybe yer just really, really bored today.
"Wyoming isn't a country, it's a state!" "State of mind." Johnny Slash - Square Pegs, season 1

User avatar
ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie
Posts: 5082
Joined: Apr 25, 2007 7:21 AM
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 29, 2008 10:38 PM

snitzer wrote:a 3 second response time!? Damn Marnin! you are getting crazy quick or maybe yer just really, really bored today.


Actually 3 minutes and it's the first time all day I've had some time to look here:)

User avatar
Mike Greenwood
Director
Posts: 3517
Joined: Oct 03, 2008 8:49 PM
Location: Near Albany, NY.

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby Mike Greenwood » Oct 29, 2008 10:49 PM

Marnin Rosenberg wrote:
snitzer wrote:I HAD to grab the Silver Streak #7. Sold three books to cover the cost, but it will be well worth it as it's been a secondary grail of mine :spaz:


Wow you sold 3 books? Now what happens if you don't like it? Remember I don't use CGC grading standards. :tongue:
Thank god because i'm looking for a CGC 6.0 on mine. :D

User avatar
snitzer
Quingenti Maximus
Posts: 785
Joined: Sep 10, 2007 12:58 AM
Location: Wyoming

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby snitzer » Oct 29, 2008 11:04 PM

Marnin Rosenberg wrote:
snitzer wrote:a 3 second response time!? Damn Marnin! you are getting crazy quick or maybe yer just really, really bored today.


Actually 3 minutes and it's the first time all day I've had some time to look here:)


d'oh...3 minutes
"Wyoming isn't a country, it's a state!" "State of mind." Johnny Slash - Square Pegs, season 1

User avatar
Gator
I'm Gator, dammit!
Posts: 341
Joined: Apr 25, 2007 7:21 AM
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby Gator » Feb 25, 2009 2:09 PM

need new listings...

User avatar
snitzer
Quingenti Maximus
Posts: 785
Joined: Sep 10, 2007 12:58 AM
Location: Wyoming

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby snitzer » Feb 25, 2009 2:36 PM

amen. there's a smattering of hints throughout various threads. it's like a treasure hunt tracking down the facts :yipeeeee:
"Wyoming isn't a country, it's a state!" "State of mind." Johnny Slash - Square Pegs, season 1

User avatar
ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie
Posts: 5082
Joined: Apr 25, 2007 7:21 AM
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby ComicCollectors » Feb 25, 2009 8:34 PM

Trust me, it's VERY frustrating dealing with this family trying to get a new group of books, but there are legit reasons it's not happening which I can't get into here. :notsure:

User avatar
Socratic Wonder
Be Nice to Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Feb 19, 2009 12:15 AM

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby Socratic Wonder » Feb 26, 2009 4:39 AM

Marnin Rosenberg wrote:Trust me, it's VERY frustrating dealing with this family trying to get a new group of books, but there are legit reasons it's not happening which I can't get into here. :notsure:


:2sad:

User avatar
ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie
Posts: 5082
Joined: Apr 25, 2007 7:21 AM
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby ComicCollectors » Feb 26, 2009 5:52 AM

comicdonna wrote:Congratulations! For me, Action #28 FN- 5.5 (raw) with white pages.


comicdonna wrote:Thank god because i'm looking for a CGC 6.0 on mine. :D


... And the CGC Golden-Age bump grade you ended up getting. :notsure:

User avatar
ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie
Posts: 5082
Joined: Apr 25, 2007 7:21 AM
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby ComicCollectors » Feb 26, 2009 5:53 AM

I'm quite surprised that no one has pulled the trigger on a book so rare in unrestored grade. Is my price too high, or that The Mightly Atom is not pictured on the cover or that The Atom is simply not a mightly desireable character? :wink:

Image

User avatar
Steve Carey
Century Club
Posts: 354
Joined: Apr 25, 2007 7:21 AM
Location: Kamikazeville

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby Steve Carey » Feb 26, 2009 4:25 PM

It's a very nice book, Marnin.

But it is expensive.

User avatar
snitzer
Quingenti Maximus
Posts: 785
Joined: Sep 10, 2007 12:58 AM
Location: Wyoming

Re: New Detroit Trolley October 2008

Postby snitzer » Feb 26, 2009 4:47 PM

I don't get the sense there's much "heat" for All American's right now. Maybe that will change?
"Wyoming isn't a country, it's a state!" "State of mind." Johnny Slash - Square Pegs, season 1


Return to “Golden Age (1938 - 1955)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron