All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2010 4:05 PM 
Marketing Director

http://blogs.law.yale.edu/blogs/rarebooks/archive/2010/10/18/video-of-quot-superheroes-in-court-quot-talk-is-now-available.aspx

Yale Law Library - Rare Books Blog

Video of "Superheroes in Court!" talk is now available

Posted Monday, October 18, 2010 2:09 PM by Mike Widener

A video of Mark Zaid's exhibit talk, "Superheroes in Court! Law, Lawyers and Comic Books," is now available here, in the Yale Law Librarians channel at Vimeo.com. Zaid's 52-minute presentation, recorded on Sept. 30, 2010, gives a brief overview of the history of comic books, and then delves into the various ways law and lawyers have been depicted in comics, as well as the influence of law on the comic book industry in areas such as copyright, trademark law, and censorship. Thanks to Dan Griffin of Yale Law School's Information Technology Services, the video includes Zaid's PowerPoint images. The video can also be viewed via the Law Library's online catalog, MORRIS.

An report on Zaid's talk is available in Scoop, a free e-newsletter for comic book collectors.

If that's not enough, you can also listen to an interview with Mark Zaid, Dale Cendali (an intellectual property law attorney and comic book collector), and myself that aired on WNPR-FM's "Where We Live" on October 4. Many thanks to the host, John Dankowsky, and the program's producer, Josie Holtzman.

The exhibit, "Superheroes in Court! Lawyers, Law and Comic Books," is on display Sept. 4-Dec, 16, 2010 in the Rare Book Exhibition Gallery, Level L2, Lillian Goldman Law Library, Yale Law School.

MIKE WIDENER
Rare Book Librarian

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2010 6:19 PM 
Quingenti Maximus

Very nice presentation Mr. Zaid.
I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to post the link to this in my thread on the CPG forum. There are a quite a few forum members who will thoroughly enjoy your presentation, as I did, who might not see it otherwise.
Again... thanks.
-Bryan

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2010 9:10 PM 
Marketing Director

DeadOne wrote:
Very nice presentation Mr. Zaid.
I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to post the link to this in my thread on the CPG forum. There are a quite a few forum members who will thoroughly enjoy your presentation, as I did, who might not see it otherwise.
Again... thanks.
-Bryan

Please do Bryan! That would be great, thanks! :yipeeeee:

And do call me Mark! :wave: