New Members Please Introduce Yourself.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie

New Members Please Introduce Yourself.

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 16, 2008 5:34 PM

I understand many of you prefer to use a user name rather than your real name, but I'd very much appreciate knowing at least your first name and some background as to who you are, where you live and what your collecting interests are among other items you feel free sharing with us.

:welcomesign: in advance. :peace:
Last edited by ComicCollectors on Nov 04, 2008 4:48 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff Rader
Century Club

Re: New Members, Would You Please Intoduce Yourself?

Postby Jeff Rader » Oct 16, 2008 5:47 PM

Marnin Rosenberg wrote:I understand many of you prefer to use a user name rather than your real name, but I'd very much appreciate knowing at least your first name and some background as to who you are, where you live and what your collecting interests are among other items you feel free sharing with us.

Hey, Marnin.

Jeff Rader - Offbeat on the other forum, Offbeat-Archives on FeeBay

Currently staying in Sioux Falls, SD

Collecting/Selling interests: Anything scarce to rare, Gerber 7-10 books (yeah, I know, there's a lot that doesn't apply to the Scarcity Index anymore but knowing what honestly is and isn't rare sure helps...), unlisted/unknown books, esoteric books, innuendo stuff, headlight covers, lingerie panels, etc., etc., etc. Read: Comic perv and all-around lunatic. If there's a book that most have never heard of, or seen, then it's right up my alley!

But that's old news to most NODders.

MrBedrock
Century Club

New Members, Would You Please Intoduce Yourself?

Postby MrBedrock » Oct 16, 2008 6:00 PM

:wave: Richard Evans Owner of Bedrock City Comic Co.
Collector of golden age cool stuff.

showcase-4
Century Club

Postby showcase-4 » Oct 16, 2008 6:13 PM

Marnin Rosenberg wrote:I understand many of you prefer to use a user name rather than your real name, but I'd very much appreciate knowing at least your first name and some background as to who you are, where you live and what your collecting interests are among other items you feel free sharing with us.

my name is Steve Meyer....now your name sounds quit familiar....Marnin Rosenberg ... Marnin Rosenberg -- oh well, maybe it will come to me :silly:
I have a vast and "colorful" resume in the comics marketplace :rtm: , and am looking forward to posting some really cool SA and GA books on your forum here.
:partydrop:

Paul Clairmont
Quingenti Maximus

Postby Paul Clairmont » Oct 16, 2008 6:22 PM

Hi Marnin,

Name's Paul Clairmont.... and I'm back to being strictly a collector again. Feels rather liberating....and yes... I'm still pressing but no need to disclose since I quit selling :cheers:

ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 16, 2008 6:43 PM

Wow, quite a rapid response!!!

:welcomesign: All. :righton:

ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 16, 2008 6:45 PM

MrBedrock wrote::wave: Richard Evans Owner of Bedrock City Comic Co.
Collector of golden age cool stuff.

Hmmm, you must be a newbie. :lol:

ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 16, 2008 6:47 PM

showcase-4 wrote:

my name is Steve Meyer....now your name sounds quit familiar....Marnin Rosenberg ... Marnin Rosenberg -- oh well, maybe it will come to me :silly:
I have a vast and "colorful" resume in the comics marketplace :rtm: , and am looking forward to posting some really cool SA and GA books on your forum here.
:partydrop:

Nice to meet you Steve.

ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 16, 2008 6:48 PM

And you too Dr. Disclosure. :whistling:

ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 16, 2008 6:50 PM

Jeff Rader wrote:

Hey, Marnin.

Collecting/Selling interests: Anything scarce to rare, Gerber 7-10 books (yeah, I know, there's a lot that doesn't apply to the Scarcity Index anymore but knowing what honestly is and isn't rare sure helps...), unlisted/unknown books, esoteric books, innuendo stuff, headlight covers, lingerie panels, etc., etc., etc. Read: Comic perv and all-around lunatic. If there's a book that most have never heard of, or seen, then it's right up my alley!

Never heard of you. :tongue:

Jeff Rader
Century Club

Postby Jeff Rader » Oct 16, 2008 6:59 PM

Marnin Rosenberg wrote:
Jeff Rader wrote:

Hey, Marnin.

Now that I'm finally posting you're probably gonna yearn for the days when you could've honestly said that. ;) Just kidding, I'm gonna try really hard to stay outta trouble.

This is pretty cool. So far we've got Mr. Bedrock, Showcase-4 (*love* reading your posts on the other forum, Steve!), and Paul. Welcome, guys! :cheers:

It'll be interesting to see who else traipses in in the next few days.

ciorac
Quingenti Maximus

Postby ciorac » Oct 16, 2008 7:13 PM

Jeff Rader wrote:
Marnin Rosenberg wrote:
Jeff Rader wrote:

Hey, Marnin.

Now that I'm finally posting you're probably gonna yearn for the days when you could've honestly said that. ;) Just kidding, I'm gonna try really hard to stay outta trouble.

This is pretty cool. So far we've got Mr. Bedrock, Showcase-4 (*love* reading your posts on the other forum, Steve!), and Paul. Welcome, guys! :cheers:

It'll be interesting to see who else traipses in in the next few days.

It is great seeing new, and familiar, faces popping in. Hopefully everyone will enjoy the discussions.

Bill

Sal
Be Nice to Newbie

Postby Sal » Oct 16, 2008 9:38 PM

Hello, my name's Marc, but you can call me Sal, since everyone else does.

I collect HG MGA / Doom Patrols for the nonce. If I can get that run finished in nm, I will then retire, since I don't think it's actually possible without discovering an undisturbed OO collection

showcase-4
Century Club

Postby showcase-4 » Oct 16, 2008 10:54 PM

Jeff Rader wrote: Showcase-4 (*love* reading your posts on the other forum, Steve!)

:welcomesign: :yipeeeee:

oxbladder
Forum Junkie

Postby oxbladder » Oct 16, 2008 10:59 PM

Dr. Disclosure wrote:Hi Marnin,

Name's Paul Clairmont.... and I'm back to being strictly a collector again. Feels rather liberating....and yes... I'm still pressing but no need to disclose since I quit selling :cheers:

:wave:

Heya fellow 'toban! (You are still living here eh?)

Paul Clairmont
Quingenti Maximus

Postby Paul Clairmont » Oct 16, 2008 11:15 PM

Aaron Stechesen wrote:
Dr. Disclosure wrote:Hi Marnin,

Heya fellow 'toban! (You are still living here eh?)

Hi Aaron, :wave:

Yup... still living the good life in the Crime Capital of Canada. Did you make it to the con this past weekend ? I was actually surprised at the good deals to be had.

Mike Greenwood
Director

Postby Mike Greenwood » Oct 16, 2008 11:54 PM

Most of you probably know who I am but, for those that don't, my name is Mike Greenwood. I live in upstate NY. I am a self-employed Logging contractor by trade. I have a wife named Donna (that's where my ID originated from) , and a 13 1/2 year old daughter named Alyssa. I solely collect GA Actions. I also enjoy boating on the Hudson River and beyond!

ciorac
Quingenti Maximus

Postby ciorac » Oct 17, 2008 1:07 AM

comicdonna wrote:Most of you probably know who I am but, for those that don't, my name is Mike Greenwood. I live in upstate NY. I am a self-employed Logging contractor by trade. I have a wife named Donna (that's where my ID originated from) , and a 13 1/2 year old daughter named Alyssa. I solely collect GA Actions. I also enjoy boating on the Hudson River and beyond!

You forgot to mention that you are one of the nicest, classiest guys in the hobby!

Mike Greenwood
Director

Postby Mike Greenwood » Oct 17, 2008 1:12 AM

ciorac wrote:
comicdonna wrote:Most of you probably know who I am but, for those that don't, my name is Mike Greenwood. I live in upstate NY. I am a self-employed Logging contractor by trade. I have a wife named Donna (that's where my ID originated from) , and a 13 1/2 year old daughter named Alyssa. I solely collect GA Actions. I also enjoy boating on the Hudson River and beyond!

You forgot to mention that you are one of the nicest, classiest guys in the hobby!
:welcomesign:

oxbladder
Forum Junkie

Postby oxbladder » Oct 17, 2008 3:35 AM

Dr. Disclosure wrote:

Yup... still living the good life in the Crime Capital of Canada. Did you make it to the con this past weekend ? I was actually surprised at the good deals to be had.

Nah. I came into Winnipeg for the Bomber game on Friday night then had to do a job in Winnipeg then head back to Portage to work at my regular job. I could have come in Sunday but then I would have had to go back to Portage then drive back in on Monday for Thanksgiving dinner with the family. I think even if my Saturday had not been such a rush I still would not have been able to get to the show. I think Thanksgiving weekend was not a very good weekend to have the convention. (That is leaving out that really cannot stand the organizer at all and feel dirty when I support his shows.)

ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 17, 2008 7:39 AM

comicdonna wrote:
ciorac wrote:

:welcomesign:

I second Bill's compliment. I've only known you exactly 2 weeks but it seems like years. I will have to remember to call you Big Mike (or Action Mike), because we have so many other Mike's here.

Paul Clairmont
Quingenti Maximus

Postby Paul Clairmont » Oct 17, 2008 11:09 AM

Aaron Stechesen wrote:
Dr. Disclosure wrote:

Nah. I came into Winnipeg for the Bomber game on Friday night then had to do a job in Winnipeg then head back to Portage to work at my regular job. I could have come in Sunday but then I would have had to go back to Portage then drive back in on Monday for Thanksgiving dinner with the family. I think even if my Saturday had not been such a rush I still would not have been able to get to the show. I think Thanksgiving weekend was not a very good weekend to have the convention. (That is leaving out that really cannot stand the organizer at all and feel dirty when I support his shows.)

All valid reasons not to attend...but to torture yourself by watching a Bomber game live... ouch !!!

:silly:

flyingdonut
Be Nice to Newbie

Postby flyingdonut » Oct 17, 2008 3:51 PM

Dan. I collect all sorts of stuff. Usually I'm found shining Zaid's shoes.

ciorac
Quingenti Maximus

Postby ciorac » Oct 17, 2008 5:59 PM

flyingdonut wrote:Dan. I collect all sorts of stuff. Usually I'm found shining Zaid's shoes.

Welcome Dan!!

mica
Be Nice to Newbie

Postby mica » Oct 17, 2008 6:28 PM

I was told there would be refreshments here. :?

The name is Mica.
mild mannered

ciorac
Quingenti Maximus

Postby ciorac » Oct 17, 2008 7:03 PM

mica wrote:I was told there would be refreshments here. :?

The name is Mica.

What's up bro? Glad to have you here. Sit back and have a cold one :cheers:

mica
Be Nice to Newbie

Postby mica » Oct 17, 2008 7:07 PM

ciorac wrote:

The name is Mica.

:silly: Glad to be here. :score: :welcomesign:
mild mannered

ciorac
Quingenti Maximus

Postby ciorac » Oct 18, 2008 1:55 AM

mica wrote:
ciorac wrote:

The name is Mica.

:silly: Glad to be here. :score: :welcomesign:

I still chuckle at the avatar you have been using lately :D

ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 18, 2008 2:33 AM

flyingdonut wrote:Dan. I collect all sorts of stuff. Usually I'm found shining Zaid's shoes.

I wanna see that. :zaid:

ComicCollectors
Forum Junkie

Postby ComicCollectors » Oct 18, 2008 2:35 AM

The name is Mica.

Zaid provides the Scotch. :wink:

Return to “General Comics Discussion”